Friday, July 07, 2006

THE BRONX - s/t [White Drugs/Island Def Jam - 2006]

I know, this CD is not even out yet, but I got a copy of it some weeks ago by a secret ninja-friend of mine.

This is probably the best album of 2006, and even though I’ve been playing it a couple of times every day since I got it, I can’t wait to buy the real thing when it hit the stores. I’m one of those old-fashioned guys that really like to have the whole package with the booklet and stuff. I’m not kidding you, it’s true. We still exist.

Anyway, the first record by The Bronx has been one of my favorite albums since the first time I heard it back in 2003, but I can tell you that this one is a little bit better. Everything that I loved about the first album is on here too, but this time there are both faster/harder songs and slower/more melodic songs put into the mix. 13 songs in about 34 min. Perfect. The album is great, and I really like all the songs. If I have to pick 5 favorites I will have to go with “Shitty Future”, “Oceans Of Glass”, “Dirty Leaves”, “Transsexual Blackout (The Movement)” and “White Guilt”. But it's really hard to choose, since the rest of the songs are great too.

So, if you liked the first album or the album by The Drips (same guitar-player and same singer) I promise you that you won’t be disappointed.

I wrote it in the beginning, and I’ll write it again right now: This is probably the best album of 2006. So, don’t miss this one kids.


If you like to listen to some songs go to www.myspace.com/thebronx or www.thebronxxx.com/

No comments: