Thursday, July 06, 2006

THE BEAR QUARTET– Eternity Now [A West Side Fabrication -2006]

I’ve been a fan of The Bear Quartet for a long long time. That’s why I was so scarred when Eternity Now came into my hands. After their experimental journey with “Saturday Night” I didn’t know what to expect. I had my hopes they had gone back to a more understandable sound, but of course not… This time things are really far out.

I really want to like the record and I try and try but it doesn’t matter if I am lying down, sitting up, riding my bike or drinking 12 beers. I can’t manage to understand what they want me to feel when I’m forced to listen to these awful sounds and annoying blues guitars swelled up in some industrial 80s psychedelic world that only got fucked up drum machines to offer along with some detuned pitch shifted voices.

Probably a very fun record to make when there are no rules or musical boundaries what so ever. And all you’re eating is magic mushrooms, but I don’t so I just get so tired of it.

Why can’t they just go back to doing records like “gay icon” and “angry brigade”? I don’t understand who do they expect to buy this? Some guy that thinks Clawfinger is the best thing that happened to mother earth and are mentally unstable at the same time?

It sure isn’t me that I’m sure of.


Listen to: The Repairing Of The Red Sea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ja vad kan man säga, skivan suger skit.