Monday, July 10, 2006

JENIFEREVER - Choose a Bright Morning [Drowned in Sound – 2006]

I know that this record have been out for a while now but It doesn’t matter I just felt I have to write about it since it seems so many people haven’t heard anything from it or never even knew this band existed.

Jeniferever is a 4 piece band that comes from Uppsala Sweden. I discovered them at a show we did together at some festival in 2002. I didn’t know what to expect and they caught me off guard. I was blow away by their focus and perfection on delivering the moody delayed and shimmering melodies with such power and intensity. And now 4 years later they have by all means been growing as musicians as well as performers.

Their new record “Choose a Bright Morning” is in every way the best they have done so far. It offers you 9 songs filled with passionate beauty and great scenery. It comes with an awesome production. Their sincerity is so obvious and I get a moment of clarity while listening to this record. They’ve almost managed to use every single ingredient I want music to have and therefore created a piece of art that is so close to perfection in my world.

It’s just a shame more people haven’t been able to take part of this fantastic band that I hope soon will get all the attention they deserve. At the same time I feel I've failed to tell you how highly I think of this record. My words simply can not desribe it enough.


Believe the hype: www.myspace.com/jeniferever



No comments: