Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bear vs. Shark – Terrorhawk [Equal Vision - 2005]

I don’t remember how I stumbled across this record. How I remember it I was drinking some wine at late night and surfing the net and somehow ended up at Bear vs. Shark's homepage.

Here we’re talking about dramtic Punk Rawk ‘n roll played delivered with great punch and melodic edge. It’s mixed with nice electro keyboards, pianos and horn sections. To be boring and lazy and get away much too easily, you could say their sound and approach is similar to Hot Water Music mixed with some Dischord Records vibes.

The slower and more naked songs are easily as good as the most alarming ones.
“Entrance of the elected” and “5 6 kids” are my favourite songs and maybe 15 songs is a bit too much but, hey! These guys know what they are doing, and they do it good.

The band news is that they already split up in the end of 2005. But I’m looking forward to hear these people’s new bands.


Listen to “5 6 kids” from the album “Terrorhawk”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are even better live Dude! Sorry you never got to see them. Great music you people write about here!