Sunday, March 12, 2006

Plural - Love Sleeps Where Love Lies [Nah Pescado Records – 2006]

Plural is a band playing out of San Diego, California. They have been compared to bands like Wilco, The Shins and Guided By Voices with their way of presenting multi-layered vocals, and lush melodic arrangements. I can agree in some ways, but it’s rather in certain moments those elements shine trough, but when they do they really do.

The multi-layered vocals are their strongest part. The two singers sing really well together.

"Love Sleeps Where Love Lies" is Plural's 3rd album following 2005's "I Feel Beautiful" and 2003's "Have a Rad Summer.
The arrangements of the songs are neat and tasteful. It never gets too much. It’s sometimes balancing on the edge to erupt but never really does. I would have wished for a better production ´cause one problem is that it sometimes feels too impersonal and flat.

Plural’s “Love Sleeps Where Love Lies” is not mind blowing, not innovative in anyway but it’s sure worth some of both your and mine attention because it got some good songs to offer. I don't know if I’m going to listen to the whole CD that often, but I will play “Mondail Heart” & “John Faster” now and then while having a coffee.

In “Mondail Heart” the two singers sing: “I can’t keep anything in, it all spills out and I am hollow” and that part speaks of what the whole record in general is about I think.

Listen to Mondail Heart from the record "Love Sleeps Where Love Lies"

No comments: